After 6 months of age, she can start feeding babies. Here are nutrient-rich foods, vitamins and minerals that help your baby grow to the maximum during this period.
6 months is an important milestone in your baby’s development. In addition to breastmilk as the main source of nutrition, babies will need additional iron, zinc, vitamin A, and D and other nutrients from weaned foods. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a nutritious and delicious snack menu .
Starting at 6 months old, she can give her a snack. (Illustration)
Meave Graham, the nutritionist of Child Nutrition Singapore (Child Nutrition Singapore) and Charlotte Lin from National University Hospital (National University Hospital), advised her to pay attention to the following things for her snack:
– Do not give ready-to-eat foods like meat, sugar, salt and fat.
– Do not give baby foods that are potentially harmful to health, such as liver because of high levels of vitamin A in the liver, unpasteurized products such as cheese.
– Feed your baby fresh and cooked food.
– In addition to rice flour, mothers can also feed their children with other foods to diversify the menu.
– When feeding a new food, it takes time for your child to get used to it slowly.
– Baby’s weaning menu should be diverse and rich so that your child can get acquainted with many different flavors. This will help your baby not picky when growing up.
– Mother does not let children under 1 year of age eat salt, sugar, honey, artificial sweeteners, whole grains, fish with mercury, tea and coffee.
– Absolutely avoid foods that are at risk of allergy, poisoning such as raw food, re-cooked, peach eggs, liver pate and cheese …
Your baby’s snack menu needs to be varied and rich. (Illustration)
Nutrition experts recommend that the proper time to eat is when the baby is 6 months old. At this stage, protein and antibodies in breast milk are less than in the first 6 months after birth so babies need to be supplemented with external nutrients to enhance resistance. At this time babies are also more active, consume more energy so their milk will no longer meet their energy needs a day.
In order to help your child develop fully physically and intellectually, she can refer to the list of nutritious and delicious snack foods recommended by Singapore nutritionists:
– Cooked vegetables: Spinach, green beans, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower.
– Pureed fruit: Papaya, banana, watermelon, apple, avocado, steamed pear.
– Cooked fish and eggs.
– Soft protein, pureed like tofu, lentils
Cauliflower is very good for your baby’s health. (Illustration)
All of these products contain important nutrients necessary for the development of baby calcium, iron, vitamins A and C, B vitamins … However, if your baby refuses to eat, mom There is no need to worry. Graham said: ” At first, when I first came into contact with solid food, my baby could silence or push food out. This was not because he did not like the food but because he was learning to get used to eating with a spoon, as well as practicing mouth movement to eat, new taste exposure and solid, solid food structure instead of liquid like breast milk before. ”
So please give your baby time to get used to the new feeding method as well as this new menu. For example, if your child is interested in mashed potatoes but does not like steamed pears, she can feed her mashed potatoes and wait a few days or longer to go back to practice steaming pears. She can also combine dishes to help her eat better, such as mixing butter with potatoes, butter with bananas, rice flour with broccoli, or rice flour with eggs …
In addition, when the baby is 9 months old, the mother can supplement the baby’s starch with the following food list:
– Breakfast cereal
High protein foods include:
– Milk Products
– Red lean meat